BRENTWOOD, Tenn., Nov. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Dementia can raise sensitive issues for spouses and partners of those with the disease. They may struggle with the impact on physical intimacy and the need for emotional closeness as a loved one's condition advances. New videos and documents from Brookdale address difficult matters facing these care partners, including:
- Real couple Donna and John on the care partner's role – video
- Dementia expert on physical intimacy, new relationships, male care partner issues – video
- When dementia erodes physical intimacy – document
- Issues facing male care partners – document
- Overcoming the fear of dementia risk – document
- Moving forward and becoming involved in a new relationship – document
Experience the interactive Multimedia News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/7722131-brookdale-alzheimers-awareness
November is National Alzheimer's Awareness Month.
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. is the leading operator of senior living communities throughout the United States. The Company is committed to providing senior living solutions primarily within properties that are designed, purpose-built and operated to provide the highest-quality service, care and living accommodations for residents. Brookdale operates independent living, assisted living, and dementia-care communities and continuing care retirement centers, with approximately 1,077 communities in 47 states and the ability to serve approximately 105,000 residents as of September 30, 2016. Through its ancillary services program, the Company also offers a range of outpatient therapy, home health, personalized living and hospice services.
Contact: Kristin Puckett and Dana Schroering, 615-564-8666, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Brookdale Senior Living Inc.